[Domterm-discuss] Installing on Macos possible?

Per Bothner per at bothner.com
Fri Jun 29 09:40:36 PDT 2018

On 06/27/2018 06:43 AM, hak wrote:
> —chrome: works but some lines are vibrating in this scenario:
> vim configure
> moving cursor fast downward or upward
>
> —firefox: does not open a new tab, but a new instance (which result in error if already open), looses connection after a few key hits in folloing scenario:
> vim configure
> moving cursor
>
> —electron: doesnt open:
> err.png in attachements

Have you managed to get a usable domterm?
(If you haven't already, please try with libwebsockets compiled with a git clone.)

With the recent check-in, you should be able to run 'bin/domterm' (though you
have to re-run autoreconf), and hopefully --electron should work.

I don't understand what you mean by "firefox: does not open a new tab, but a new
instance (which result in error if already open)".  Does it help to run either of:

    bin/domterm --browser='firefox --new-window'
or
    bin/domterm --browser='firefox --new-tab'

(Assuming 'firefox' is in your PATH.)

At least on GNU/Linux running the firefox command will connect to an existing
firefox session, rather than starting a few one.
--
	--Per Bothner