[Domterm-discuss] domterm subcommands not working on macos

Per Bothner per at bothner.com
Sun Nov 10 14:05:59 PST 2019

On 11/10/19 12:36 PM, Ben wrote:
> Both of these commands dont work
>
> echo '<b>jsdf</b>' | ./bin/domterm hcat
>
> but also
>
> ./bin/domterm html '<b>jsdf</b>'

Hm.  Does this work:

    ./bin/domterm image doc/dt1.png

Another thing to try:

    bin/domterm --below new

If image works but '--below new' doesn't, I wonder if it could be Linux-dependency
in the use of Unix Domain sockets.  Some domterm sub-commands are executed
directly by the domterm process with the specified sub-commands; others look
for the domterm server that was started by the initial (terminal-starting) command.
The communication is handled by domain sockets.

>> What about other options, like
>>     domterm --browser
>
> You mean for example
> ./bin/domterm --browser="/Applications/Firefox.app/Contents/MacOS/firefox-bin"
> firefox doesnt' work, nothing happens
>
> ./bin/domterm --browser="/Applications/Google Chrome.app/Contents/MacOS/Google Chrome"

I meant just plain:

   ./bin/domterm --browser

That is supposed to use the default system browser.

> Error:
> no executable front-end (browser) '/Applications/Google'

Looks like bug (in server.c) failing to quote/escape file names
(specifically spaces).  I'll look into it.

--
	--Per Bothner