[Domterm-discuss] domterm subcommands not working on macos

Per Bothner per at bothner.com
Mon Nov 11 11:02:00 PST 2019

On 11/10/19 12:36 PM, Ben wrote:

> You mean for example
> ./bin/domterm --browser="/Applications/Firefox.app/Contents/MacOS/firefox-bin"
> firefox doesnt' work, nothing happens
>
> ./bin/domterm --browser="/Applications/Google Chrome.app/Contents/MacOS/Google Chrome"
> Error:
> no executable front-end (browser) '/Applications/Google'

On further thought, I think domterm is doing the right thing here.
You need to to use an extra layer of quoting:

./bin/domterm --browser="'Applications/Google Chrome.app/Contents/MacOS/Google Chrome'"

DomTerm could add the quotes automatically, but that would prevent passing extra arguments:

./bin/domterm --browser="'Applications/Google Chrome.app/Contents/MacOS/Google Chrome' --option1 --option2"
--
	--Per Bothner